Skip to main content

Waffle Flower April Release Blog Hop

Hello crafty friends! Welcome to the Waffle Flower April Release Blog Hop. I'm so happy and honored to guest design for Waffle Flower for the month of April. Today, I am highlighting a few of the products from this beautiful release. 


For my first card, I started with an A2-sized white cardstock and ran it through the die cut machine with the Pop-up Butterflies Panel Die. I then inked through the Duo-tone Butterfly Stencil with Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide Ink in the middle and inked blended the sides with Milled Lavender Distress Oxide Ink. I did this technique for both layers. I heat embossed the sentiments in gold and cut them with the coordinating dies. I love that these come with coordinating die cuts! I cut a few pieces to stack for dimension. Then, I scored the centers of each butterfly and folded the wings towards the center. I wanted a different color in the open spaces of the butterfly wings, so I cut an A2-sized gold glitter cardstock and glued it under the card panel. To add more dimension, I foam mounted the panel onto a card base that measures 4.5" x 5.75". Lastly, I added jewels here and there for interest and shine. 
For my second card, I inked through the Duo-tone Butterfly Stencil. I wanted to have two colors and I chose Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide Ink for the first layer and Milled Lavender for the second layer. I then splattered some gold paint for added interest. Next, I heat embossed the sentiment and cut it with the coordinating die. I then added jewels for some shine. Lastly, I adhered the card panel onto a pink card base that measures 4.5" x 5.75". 

That's all for my cards! Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to check out each stop in today’s blog hop for fun, inspiration, and chances to win some of these new release goodies! For today’s hop, Waffle Flower is giving away $25 gift certificate to THREE lucky winners. You can leave a comment on this blog and along the hop by 11:59pm EST on Sunday April 9th, 2023 for your chances to win. Winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the posts in this blog hop and will be announced on the Waffle Flower Blog on 04/10/2023.

HOP LIST:
Leica Palma - you are here   


From now till April 8th, 2023, all orders placed at waffleflower.com will receive a gift (No code required!).

For those of you who are new to Waffle Flower, they have a Last Chance section on their website that lists many goodies for 25% off until they are gone! This would be a great place to start your collection! And don’t forget to check out their monthly Flash Sales!

 
View the full collection here



 

 

Comments

  1. Leica I think this butterfly plate is my favorite...love that you can pick up their wings and I love that gold to really make them stand out. Great that there is a bundle. Love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards, the gold behind the butterfly is so smart. You did a wonderful job and i like the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pink and gold color combo! GORGEOUS butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these pastel butterflies! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty with the little butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful butterfly cards! I really love these new products from Waffle Flower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these pretty butterflies! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. I think the wonderful Pop-up Butterflies Panel Die is my favorite from this fantastic release.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful and happy cards! The pop-up die is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like how the butterflies are flying off the page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gaaaa! Leica, I'm going to order these items because your cards have just sent me over the tipping point! Love them all!!!!!!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pop-up butterflies.
    Wonderful card. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. so soft and delicate, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

October Release 2023 Blog Hop - Pretty Pink Posh

 Hello and welcome to the Pretty Pink Posh October 2023 Release Blog Hop! For my card, I started out with a light blue cardstock that measures 4.5 inches square. I stenciled through the Winter Words with Finnabair Snowflake Paste for a fun background. I then made a mug shaker using the Winter Mug Dies and the cutout to make a window for the shaker is from the Birthday Mug Additions Dies. The shaker bits are from the Christmas Cookie Shaker Beads . I used various colors of cardstock from Spellbinders for my card. I added a cute little bird from the Holiday Birds Dies and a couple gifts using the rectangle pieces from the Build A Stocking Dies. The rest of the die cuts are from the new Holiday Mug Additions Dies.  Then I added some pink dots on the greenery with Liquid Pearls in Ballerina. Lastly, I glued the card panel onto a 4.5-inch square card base. Make sure to check out the rest of the Hop for more inspiration using the new products from Pretty Pink Posh! There are 4 $30 g

Heffy Doodle and Gerda Steiner Designs Collaboration

  Welcome to the Heffy Doodle and Gerda Steiner Designs Collaboration Blog Hop! Design Team members from both companies are sharing inspiration using products from both companies! For this fun collaboration, I made a slimline birthday card. To begin, I stamped, colored, and cut images from Gerda Steiner Designs - On the Table , On the Bookshelf and the new Heffy Doodle Popping By stamp set. I then cut the largest rectangle from the Heffy Doodle Stitched Slimline Trio Dies in white cardstock. For my table, I used the Ain't So Plaid Stencil and inked with Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxides. The top portion is ink blended with Tattered Rose and I splattered some black and rose gold acrylic paint for interest. I then white heat embossed the happy birthday sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock. Next, I adhered the elements down onto the card. Lastly, I adhered my panel onto a slimline card base. BLOG HOP DETAILS: To be entered to win the giveaway, all you need

Pretty Pink Posh August 2023 Release Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the Pretty Pink Posh August 2023 Release Blog Hop!  For my project, I made a box card filled with the cutest critters and pumpkins from the Halloween Signs , Pumpkin Patch Critters , and Woodland Thanks  Stamp Sets. I love that PPP new products always go well with previously-released items.  Make sure to check out the rest of the Hop for more inspiration using the new products from Pretty Pink Posh! There are 3 $30 gift certificates up for grabs (one winner each day). Winners will be picked randomly along the blog hop. Comments must be left by 11:59 PM PST on 08/15/2023. Winners will be announced on the PPP blog. Blog Hop List:  Pretty Pink Posh blog Amy Rysavy Cathy Zielske Leica Palma Channin Pelletier Jeanne Jachna Lisa Mears Carly Minner