Skip to main content

Pretty Pink Posh May 2023 Release Blog Hop

Hey there, crafty friends! Welcome to the Pretty Pink Posh May 2023 Release Blog Hop!


I'm so excited to share with you my latest handmade card creation using Pretty Pink Posh Decorative Birdhouses and Stitched Birds dies. It's such a fun and easy project to make, and I hope it inspires you to get creative and make your own beautiful cards.


I started with a 4.5 inch square card base in white cardstock, and to add some pattern, I used the Swiss Dots Stencil with Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink. To save some paper and time, I inked directly on the card base while keeping it folded to prevent any ink or paint from getting onto the back of the card. I then added splatters of white ink for added interest.

Next, I cut out the birdhouse and stitched birds in various colors of cardstock and pieced them together. I love how these dies are so beautiful and versatile, and you can use different colors of cardstock to customize the birdhouse and birds. To make it even more fun, I turned the birdhouse into a shaker element by cutting a heart window in the center and using the Rainbow Shimmer to fill the shaker. I'm obsessed with the different colors of the shaker bits, and they add such a playful and whimsical touch to the card.

To make the birdhouse stand out, I foam mounted it onto the card base, and I also made a stand for the birdhouse by cutting a strip of kraft cardstock and gluing it onto the back of the birdhouse. This adds some dimension to the card and makes it look more like a three-dimensional birdhouse.


For the sentiment, I chose "You make my heart sing" from the Just A Note Stamp Set and white heat embossed it on a strip of black cardstock. I think it's such a sweet and fitting sentiment for this card, and it adds a personal touch to the project.

I hope this post has inspired you to get creative and make your own handmade cards. Happy crafting, friends!


Make sure to check out the rest of the Hop for more inspiration using the new products from Pretty Pink Posh! There are 3 $30 gift certificates up for grabs (one winner each day). Winners will be picked randomly along the blog hop. Comments must be left by 11:59 PM PST on 05/08/2023. Winners will be announced on the PPP blog.


Comments

  1. PRECIOUS shaker! I LOVE the bird and birdhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever to add a shaker element. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pretty in pink shaker card, a fabulous background too, those little birdies are so 'tweet'!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blended and stenciled background; and those birdies..well, they're precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those birdhouse dies are perfect for making shaker cards! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute couple. I love the blue birds...and their love nest (bird house)--adorable

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable shaker card! I love the ombre background with the swiss dots, and the birds and birdhouse are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Great idea to make it a shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that background. The shaker
    is a fun idea. Wonderful card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful color! Bright and beautiful. Lovely job...

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! Love the background and the shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors on this pretty shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  13. SQUEAL!! I ADORE this!! Shaker Cards are my FAVORITE!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your shaker card!!! SO beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, what a sweet shaker bird house!! And, the pink background is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It almost looks like your card is made with felt! Great to make a shaker with it! Darling!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

October Release 2023 Blog Hop - Pretty Pink Posh

 Hello and welcome to the Pretty Pink Posh October 2023 Release Blog Hop! For my card, I started out with a light blue cardstock that measures 4.5 inches square. I stenciled through the Winter Words with Finnabair Snowflake Paste for a fun background. I then made a mug shaker using the Winter Mug Dies and the cutout to make a window for the shaker is from the Birthday Mug Additions Dies. The shaker bits are from the Christmas Cookie Shaker Beads . I used various colors of cardstock from Spellbinders for my card. I added a cute little bird from the Holiday Birds Dies and a couple gifts using the rectangle pieces from the Build A Stocking Dies. The rest of the die cuts are from the new Holiday Mug Additions Dies.  Then I added some pink dots on the greenery with Liquid Pearls in Ballerina. Lastly, I glued the card panel onto a 4.5-inch square card base. Make sure to check out the rest of the Hop for more inspiration using the new products from Pretty Pink Posh! There are 4 $30 g

Heffy Doodle and Gerda Steiner Designs Collaboration

  Welcome to the Heffy Doodle and Gerda Steiner Designs Collaboration Blog Hop! Design Team members from both companies are sharing inspiration using products from both companies! For this fun collaboration, I made a slimline birthday card. To begin, I stamped, colored, and cut images from Gerda Steiner Designs - On the Table , On the Bookshelf and the new Heffy Doodle Popping By stamp set. I then cut the largest rectangle from the Heffy Doodle Stitched Slimline Trio Dies in white cardstock. For my table, I used the Ain't So Plaid Stencil and inked with Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxides. The top portion is ink blended with Tattered Rose and I splattered some black and rose gold acrylic paint for interest. I then white heat embossed the happy birthday sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock. Next, I adhered the elements down onto the card. Lastly, I adhered my panel onto a slimline card base. BLOG HOP DETAILS: To be entered to win the giveaway, all you need

Pretty Pink Posh August 2023 Release Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the Pretty Pink Posh August 2023 Release Blog Hop!  For my project, I made a box card filled with the cutest critters and pumpkins from the Halloween Signs , Pumpkin Patch Critters , and Woodland Thanks  Stamp Sets. I love that PPP new products always go well with previously-released items.  Make sure to check out the rest of the Hop for more inspiration using the new products from Pretty Pink Posh! There are 3 $30 gift certificates up for grabs (one winner each day). Winners will be picked randomly along the blog hop. Comments must be left by 11:59 PM PST on 08/15/2023. Winners will be announced on the PPP blog. Blog Hop List:  Pretty Pink Posh blog Amy Rysavy Cathy Zielske Leica Palma Channin Pelletier Jeanne Jachna Lisa Mears Carly Minner